Menu Contact View Our Practice Areas
PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet with us in person, via telephone or through video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.
Serving The Legal Needs Of Greater Detroit Since 1951.

May 2020 Archives

Restricting access to money is financial abuse

A recent commenter for the column The Moneyist on the Marketwatch website signed off as "Sick & Tired." The man boasted that he would "never give [his] wife $1,200 to blow her stimulus check in the store, while [he's] struggling to make ends meet." He said that he would give her a couple hundred dollars of her own money to spend shopping and asked why he was wrong for doing so.

You have a right to petition for custody as the father of a child

If you've recently separated from your son or daughter's other parent, then you likely find yourself at an impasse. This is especially the case if you were never formally listed on your child's birth certificate as their father. You may find it unnerving to go from being able to see your child any time to now finding yourself shut out of their life.

Free Consultations. Flexible Appointments. Payment Options.

Office Location

24055 Jefferson Ave.
Ste. 2000
St. Clair Shores, MI 48080

Phone: 586-335-2733
Map & Directions